Wordless Wednesday: My Lovely Plumerias

From my yard
In Hawaii we like to wear flowers in our hair…Did you know…If you are married you put the flower behind your left ear and if you are single you put it behind your right ear.  Now you know!

Go read more WW at momdot.com

Comments

1. Mommyhood is Thankless says:

Those are beautiful flowers! Interesting tidbit about the flower placement though, I had no idea!

2. Wow, beautiful flowers….

I stopped by to say I nominated you for an award.

See Here

3. blueviolet says:

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I knew the scent was terrific but now I know why! Beautiful photo.
    doot65[at]comcast[dot]net
    Elizabeth

4. I am officially jealous that that is your yard….so beautiful!

5. Oh how I wish that I could smell them through the screen! :)

6. Those are beautiful flowers! I never knew that there was a significance to which ear you put the flower behind! That is great, thanks!!

7. Custom Blog Designs says:

We used to live in Hawaii, so I knew that. I miss the plumerias!

8. hippos toes says:

So beautiful!! Makes me jealous :) Here the mum’s are blooming – guess I could put one of those behind my ear – HA!

9. Kim @ What's That Smell? says:

This are gorgeous!

10. Kim @ What's That Smell? says:

This are gorgeous!

11. Kim @ What's That Smell? says:

This are gorgeous!

12. Kim @ What's That Smell? says:

This are gorgeous!

13. Win Pirates of The Caribbean: At World’s End DVD

US Only

Ends Oct 29

14. I am so jealous, since we moved in July I dodn’t plant flowers this year and I have missed them so! Happy WW!

15. Pretty flowers! I acutally learned that when that chic was on American Idol who was from Hawaii

16. Those are so beautiful!

17. those are beautiful! Wish I could smell them!!!

18. Those are beautiful!

19. All the flowers here are dying except for mums and Pansies! Beautiful flowers!

20. Haasiegirl says:

please, can i come to hawaii and live w/ you?

trisha
    my ww http://www.momdot.com/?p=2600

21. Liza's Eyeview says:

Beautiful Plumerias!

Glad to blog-meet you Ohana Mama. I also ma from Maui – maybe one day we “Maui Bloggers” should have a “meet-up” – what do you think? :)

22. Liza's Eyeview says:

Beautiful Plumerias!

23. Liza's Eyeview says:

Beautiful Plumerias!

24. Liza's Eyeview says:

Beautiful Plumerias!

25. Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom says:

Aaack, where did my comment go? {blushing}

Ok, I’m going to try again – I miss these so from our trips to Hawaii, beautiful and such an intoxicating smell!

26. Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom says:

Aaack, where did my comment go? {blushing}

27. Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom says:

Aaack, where did my comment go? {blushing}

28. Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom says:

Aaack, where did my comment go? {blushing}

29. beautiful!

Here’s my entry. Thanks!

30. Makes me miss my gardenias. I know! Not the same at all but fragrance is key!

31. Those are so beautiful. How awesome to have those in your yard. I hope to catch a real live glimpse of these…heading to a friend’s wedding in Maui in a week. Happy WW!

32. What a gorgeous flower! You live in a beautiful area of our country! Happy WW!

33. beautiful!!

34. 3 Kids and Us says:

Those are soooo pretty. I didn’t know about the flower placement. Too bad for me my ears are so tiny nothing stays put behind them.

35. Oh I’m jealous! I’m sitting here looking out the window at my bare tree in the front yard and all the leaves that have fallen off of it laying on the ground below. It’s 38 degrees and rainy here in MN today. Yuck!

Gorgeous picture!

36. Those are just beautiful!

37. Beautiful. My WW is of my mom’s plumerias in our yard. We have yellow with whites.

38. Erin Tales says:

Gorgeous. My Plumeria is already getting ready for winter here. Sad.

39. Those are beautiful!! And thanks for the interesting piece of information!

40. Rebecca R. says:

Wow! Those are gorgeous! I don’t know if I have ever seen a photo of what plumeria looks like, but I do know that I like the body sprays with the plumeria scent! LOL