adorable card from tiny prints
With Valentine’s Day falling on a Saturday this year, it is the perfect time to plan a few cute Valentine’s ideas for the kids. The best apart about coming up with unique Valentine’s ideas for the kids and the family is that they don’t have to be expensive or extravagant. Here are a few simple and fun things you can do this Valentine’s Day with and for the kids.
1. Start of the morning by making a fun Valentines breakfast like heart shaped pancakes topped with fresh berries. Try serving strawberry milk or smoothie alongside.
2. Under each family member’s plate leave a little note with a Valentine’s Day message like “Your berry cute” or “This heart is for you.”
3. Leave them little love notes throughout the day in places they are sure to find them. Think sock drawer, bathroom mirror, or bike helmet.
4. Set up little mailboxes like they do in elementary school (thanks Ohana Mama for the idea) and have each family member leave other family members notes throughout the day.
5. Make a sweet surprise together, like Valentine themed cupcakes. You can spread the love by taking some to a neighbor or nearby family member.
6. At dinner time, have everyone read the notes from their mailboxes out loud. Sharing what you love about each other is a simple way to end a family filled Valentines Day!
Written by contributing writer, Tori