First, I get this question from time to time…
Well, Ohana can mean family. Or a community of like minded people with a common goal. A house or home. Or it can mean the feeling of ohana…meaning inclusive, welcoming, loving. I try to be an Ohana Mama with everything I do and I love to find cool things for your ohana, or family, home and community on my blog. You, my readers, are part of my ohana…aloha and mahalo!
And we wouldn’t be ohana if you didn’t know just a bit more about me, Sarah, the Mama behind Ohana Mama blog…so here you go!
(or maybe you do…but play along)
1. I married my high school sweetheart – we’d ditch math class together and head to ceramics or art class instead…rebels, yet not. I LOVED ceramics and I totally should take it up again. I might start to look for an old wheel to throw some stuff. We’ll see.
2. Our wedding was featured in The Knot magazine
4. I was a public school kid…until I went to a private, Catholic University (I soooo should have gone to a state school…public education is just in my blood) I graduated with a degree in Communications and a minor in Art History
5. I have 4 names (first, middle middle, last). It so long on my driver’s license and one isn’t my maiden name, I’ve always had 4 names – after all of my great grandmothers. I gave both of my kids two middle names too…sorry kids!
6. My favorite musical artist is Bob Marley. Our first song for our wedding was “All Day All Night” by Bob. And we walked back down the aisle to a tune of his too. It was classy, I swear. But still our style.
7. I surfed Waikiki! YAY! This was a goal and as soon as I set it, the opportunity came and I took it. It was awesome! One of the best experiences of my life. Can’t wait to do it again…with my kids!
8. I went to Fiji for my honeymoon. We stayed at a surf camp where we had no bathroom in our bure (room) Am I a champ or what?!
9 I don’t drink very much…I did most of my partying when i was a teenager (sorry mom) and I swear it ruined my enjoyment – I get hungover sooooo easily now
10. And to wrap things up, I am a coca cola-aholic, Starbucks loving, frozen grape lover, sushi fein (specifically poke and spicy tuna handrolls), Real Housewives watcher, LOST addict, and yes I try not to miss an episode of The City
That’s it for now! More to come, I’m sure! Do we have anything in common, let me know! Wanna know anything specific, just ask in a comment!