It’s official, I am in love with Shari Criso, a mom of two, Certified Nurse Midwife, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, nationally recognized parenting educator and the teacher and baby expert on The Simply Breastfeeding DVD.
You’ve read my breastfeeding story with my first son. It was challenging, full of misinformation (on my part and the doctors) it was a confusing time. I will admit that I still have a bit of post-breastfeeding stress disorder from my first ordeal with my son. I still have that feeling of being a failure – even after being successful with my daughter (maybe even more, now that I know I CAN do it).
This is something I wouldn’t wish on anyone else. And so I bring to you, Simply Breastfeeding. A DVD to help aid you in being informed, being relaxed and being successful with breastfeeding.
A little bit about Simply Breastfeeding from their site www.MyBabyExperts.com
“Some of what you’ll learn watching Simply Breastfeeding include:
- Amazing Benefits For Both You & Your Baby – that You Might Not Have Heard Before
- Exactly How to Hold Your Baby – with real Mom & Baby demonstrations
- How to Prevent the Unneccessary Nipple Pain You Hear About in Other Mom’s Horror Stories
- Exactly How Much Milk Your Baby Needs Each Day During the First Few Weeks, As Well As Signs and Clues for You to Follow to Make Sure Your Baby is Getting Enough Milk
- How and When to Give Your Baby a Bottle
- How to Avoid the Biggest Mistake that Most Parents Make in the Hospital…”
Ohana Mama’s Take
- During this video you are watching a real class with real parents who are expecting, but all in the comfort of your own home. Now you have no excuse (bad weather, time, etc etc etc) to go to a breastfeeding class before your little one arrives! You can bring an expert to YOU!
- Non threatening and calm – Shari is so so calm and REAL and not threatening at all, which is what I feel new moms need. She isn’t talking down to the people in her class, but sharing secrets with them on breastfeeding myths and offering real common sense information for new parents.
- Real moms & real positioning help – Shari shows a mom using a model baby but she also puts video of real moms positioning their real live babies. I can see this being a HUGE help when at 2:00 a.m. you are frustrated cause your little one won’t latch correctly. Pop in this DVD and watch real techniques right there (I did this with my daughter- I googled for latching technique videos and I believe they saved me in times of breastfeeding need. I wish I had this DVD then!)
- Handbook – Shari offers a free handbook online to take notes during the class for moms to take to the hospital and refer back to after the baby comes. (or you could, and I would! bring the DVD with you to the hospital so you can listen to her calming demeanor, and get help.
- One word sums it up: AMAZING! Yes, I actually said this aloud as I was watching this DVD…numerous times! And this is from a mom that has been there and done that – I still learned a ton and nodded my head up and down in agreement with what Shari was teaching. I did say “ahh ha!” a few times as well. She’s AMAZING!
Shari also offers a DVD called Breastpumps & Briefcases for those moms that return to work after having their little one
One lucky Ohana Mama reader will win a copy of Simply Breastfeeding!
How to enter
Leave a comment on what your biggest fear with breastfeeding is or was. That’s it! Super easy!
- Tweet about this giveaway (use the button below- easy peasy!) – unlimited entries, leave a new comment for each tweet that you do.
- Blog about it – give yourself 5 extra entries for this one -leave 5 comments
- Subscribe to The Ohana Mama
- Add Ohana Mama to your blog roll
- Fave on Technorati
- Stumble (see button below)
Contest ends 5/1 11:59 Hawaii time
US residents only