As you know, I work from home. I am in Hawaii and the company is in Los Angeles. Yes, I telecommute across the huge vast Pacific ocean! I found my job on HireMyMom.com (see more about that below)
Here are my top 5 reasons why I love working from home…
1. I am keeping my resume current while still being there as mom for my kids.
2. I am bringing in money for my family and this feels good on soooo many levels! I am also using a huge portion of it to get my own business up and running.
3. I don’t have to find a babysitter/daycare
4. Flexibility. Especially by being hired through HireMyMom, my boss knows that I am a Mom and that I work from home. And with that, she knows that things come up, like a child that won’t take a nap or a school play that I must go to. I can be a mom and not hide it!
5. I’m flexing my brain muscle and combating mommy brain head on! AND I get to talk to other adults and be ME…Sarah! And not just Cameron or Leah’s mom.
I’ll be honest, working from home is the hardest job I have ever had in my life. This is my second go around. I worked from home full-time for the first year and a half after having my first child. The daily juggling act is something I am constantly trying to master and many times a ball or two fall, but overall I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to do all of the above.
If you are looking for a project to work on and make some money or if you are looking to get back into the workplace with a full or part time job, HireMymom.com has it all! For those looking for a job, the cost is $29.95 for 90 days or $99 for a year. Jobs range from PR gigs to blogging gigs to transcriptions to web site creation & graphic design (and a bunch more!). Head on over to www.hiremymom.com and sign up.
The $30 I spent was so well worth it for me – I found my job the first week I signed up! Good luck and go get em!
*if you have any questions about hiremymom or working from home, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment! I can email you or reply back in a comment*