Read below to find out how YOU can help fight pediatric cancer while buying a yummy product from philosophy®!
From August 15th – October 15th philosophy will be donating 100% of the net proceeds of their oatmeal raisin high foaming shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer — an organization created to raise awareness of and funds to support research for new and improved therapies for pediatric cancer through the concept of hosting local bake sales.
philosophy will also be hosting two local bake sales of their own at their Arizona store locations, and asked my help in getting everyone to do the same in their local neighborhood.
The Cookies for Kids’ Cancer website (www.cookiesforkidscancer.org) makes it easy for anyone that wants to get involved in the fight against pediatric cancer by detailing the 4 easy steps that you need to throw a bake sale of your very own (planning, details, bake, sell!).
Cancer remains the number one disease that claims the lives of our children. Each year cancer kills more children under the age of 18 than asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and AIDS combined.
Can’t bake? You can still help by picking up the oatmeal raisin high foaming shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath benefiting Cookies for Kids’ Cancer on www.philosophy.com!
Go purchase yours now…maybe even do early Holiday shopping! Benefit a great cause while filling your gift lists!
SOME FACTS ABOUT PEDIATRIC CANCER:
- Pediatric cancer is referred to as an “orphan disease” because there is little or no profit to be made by the pharmaceutical companies and the reason why they ignore pediatric cancers for the most part.
- Each year in the U.S., nearly 13,000 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer. That’s the equivalent of two average size classrooms diagnosed each school day.
- Today about 75% of children diagnosed with cancer become long-term survivors yet in the U.S. cancer remains the leading cause of death from one year through adolescence; more than any other disease. In the early 1950s, less than 10 percent of childhood cancer patients could be cured, proof that research can and is making a difference.
- Historically, some of the most basic and essential treatment strategies now employed in the fight against cancer – such as multi-agent chemotherapy and combined modality therapy – were developed through pediatric cancer research.
- In the U.S., combined, the cancers of children, adolescents and young adults to age 20 are the sixth most common cancer in the U.S.
- Recent reports indicate that nearly two-thirds of childhood cancer survivors experience significant medical problems resulting from their original cancer and/or its treatment.
philosophy is also giving away ONE bottle of this yummy Oatmeal raisin high foaming shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath to TWO Ohana Mama readers!
How to enter:
Simple and easy…I want to bring as much attention to this great cause as possible! So, in order to enter it’s simple, just…SHARE THIS POST!
- Get an entry for each TWEET – leave a new comment for each tweet – unlimited opportunities! Copy & paste tweet below
- Share it on Facebook – Get TWO entries for this
- Blog about it – get THREE extra entries for blogging – leave three comments with your link – use reblog below – it’s easy!
RT @theohanamama Help Fight Pediatric Cancer! Buy philosophy’s Oatmeal Bath Soap by 10/15! 100% of net proceeds donated! http://bit.ly/UOLcl
And if you watched this week’s Hula Shake Show on MomTv, remember you get extra entries…(it’s a secret what you get…but if you were on the show, you know ;) )
Vote for me here and get an extra entry to all giveaways. You can vote once daily so you can potentially get one extra vote every single day on every single giveaway on The Ohana Mama, now until December 31st. Be sure to vote every.single.day! Just say “I voted!” in a new comment in the giveaways. Any questions? Let me know! Thank you thank you!