We are back in Aloha land. The trip home started with a little drama but ended with warm trade winds blowing my hair…California was fantastic and being back home on Maui is even better.
Here are my random thoughts from yesterday’s travels…Two kids, 5+ hours on a plane and ME….
- Leave plenty of time for possible police chases that will close your freeway down and cause you to make a u-turn on the 405 freeway in Los Angeles (it was kinda cool that I got to break the law…oh to be a bad girl!)
- Curbside check in is THE BOMB! (but DO NOT say “Bomb” in an airport)
- Realize that sometimes every good Super Mom needs a sidekick…thank goodness for my mother in law who was able to go with us all the way to the gate (thank you ticket man at United for allowing her to go with me)
- It’s CRAZY that I was able to board an airplane with two kids in tow all without showing anyone that they were my kids…this my friends, is a bit disturbing to me…
- Airplanes would be so so so awesome if they put a kids play area in the back. No one wants to sit by the bathrooms anyways (other than parents of little kids for easy access) It’d just be a smart PR move airlines.
- Being in a confined space where you cannot escape (or loose your cool) when your two year old is whining and not “using her words’ will drive you mad and make you wish that you had packed a parachute
- I have a problem with sitting on the aisle and having the man behind me A) get up a bajillion times to check the over head compartment, placing his groin area in my face and B) the same man, stretching his feet out under his seat so that they repeatedly touch the back of my legs…with his shoes off. ICK.
- I will never again travel alone with two kids (famous last words, right?)
- Going home to Maui isn’t half bad