Get a little island feel during the holidays with coconut macaroons! Cooking mama, Catherine McCord of Weelicious has a simple recipe below. Your guest will be saying “Mele Kalikimaka!” (that’s Merry Christmas in Hawaiian)
2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut, shredded
1/4 Tsp Salt (I used kosher)
4 Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl (preferably a metal bowl) beat the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes or until they have stiff peaks.
3. Fold in the remaining ingredients until incorporated (the egg whites will deflate quite a bit).
4. Place 2 tbsps of the batter on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet (you can also place cookie cutters on the baking sheet and place the batter inside patting it down with a soon to even it out. Remove the cookie cutter before baking).
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
*If you want to make 1/2 the batter chocolate macaroons, add 1 tbsp cocoa powder. If you want to make all of the macaroons chocolate, use 2 tbsps.
Tomorrow I’m sharing a wonderful Sweet Potato Quiche Recipe from a local Maui Chef! It’s delic! Stay tuned!
Hula Shake! Leave your link!
Now it’s your turn! Share a link, click on a link, keep the hula shake shakin!